Monday, July 12, 2010

Wrapped in love: first arrivals and crochet hearts

Inside 12 weeks now!

In the past week I've started having that 'it's really happening' feeling. The wedding, of course, but also this project. Our invitations will go out (as soon as I can work out why the yellow printer head isn't working), and I've had a glimpse at what the tree will look like with the arrival of the first parcel. It's very exciting!

Here's a sample:


Now don't panic if you haven't started, there's plenty of time. But if you're starting to think timelines, I'll need all of your gorgeous creations by 17th September - that's 2 weeks before the wedding. Just something to keep in mind.

For some inspiration this week I've started exploring the love theme a bit more. I've thought about knitted hearts, about crocheted hearts, about poetry and quotes about love (and how to knit them). I'm working on something, but it's a bit of a secret...

In the meantime, what do you think of these pics I found?

Image from here

Image from here

Image from here

I even found these... there are actually a surprising number of knitted 'anatomical' hearts out there in cyberspace.

Image from here

Image from here

How's your knitting and crocheting going? Would you like to crochet a heart? I'm thinking lots and lots of hearts would look fantastic on the tree. In red or pink. There's a great tutorial here, but lots of others around too.

We could have a bit of a lesson at the next crafternoon - you should come! At the Brunswick Green again, on Sunday 8th Aug, at 2pm (edit: this session has been postponed until Sun 15th Aug, same time, same place).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails