Thursday, April 29, 2010

My creative space: can't...get...ahead

Woken by the garbage truck and realized we hadn't put our bins out. Again.
A mad dash down the stairs, a quick check to see if they'd gone past our house yet. No. Hurrah!
Quick, back to the courtyard, move those bins, quick, quick. Half asleep.
Bins tangled in hose. Try to move it and it snaps off the tap. Water gushing everywhere.
Quick!
Down the lane, bumpy, noisy ride over the cobblestones. Waking the neighbours. I tense my jaw as if that will make it quieter (why do I always do that?).
On the kerb. Success!
Should be happy but instead I'm just crabby I missed that extra hour in bed!
Stayed up too late watching 27 Dresses on TV. And making this little save the date postcard for our wedding (we visited the venue on the weekend and I took this pic)...
...and hence I wasn't doing all the jobs I should be doing. Like trying to work out where all my socks have disappeared to! They must be somewhere.

Rode to work in odd socks (which if I am completely honest I have probably been doing for the past 6 months). But this was the first day I'd ridden in odd gloves as well. I think that might be a bad sign.

Hanging out for a weekend at home to get on top of it all. Hopefully by the time I get to Brown Owls on Sunday I'll be a domestic goddess. But somehow I doubt it.

To see some true crafters, head on over to Kirsty's.

5 comments:

  1. hope things get better! I think odd gloves could actually look pretty good...
    I recorded 27 Dresses, so I can watch it tonight when the Mr is out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a start to the day! Hope things are going a little more smoothly now. I like your keep the date free photo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that morning sounds familiar. Isn't it amazing how fast you can actually get out of bed. Who knew. I like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your post has made me giggle, because, yes, we've all been there on bin day with forgotten bins. We only get ours picked up every other week so miss it at your peril...yuk! Nice save the date cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like my life. love your postcard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails