Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy birthday SF

Again, I'm a bit behind - admittedly the gift was late, but not as late as others (and that's not even mentioning those still in progress - eek!). But I had to wait until it was safely received before I could show you:



It's made from lovely fine Empire 4 ply merino from Morris & Sons, who have been in their Melbourne store now for about a year. Great friendly staff work there and they are always interested in whatever project you have on the go. I have managed to go in there without spending money, but not often.

Anyhow, my gorgeous and talented writer friend is the recipient of this cushion. She has a burgeoning writing career, even being published in the Age newspaper last week! Check out her blog here. Happy birthday Sare!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm blushing! Thanks again for the lovely cushion, it's taking pride of place on the armchair in the lounge room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushion is so gorgeous!!! I really like it! I hope I can crochet something like that:) I've never tried the empire yarns from morris & sons, it's a bit pricey>< but maybe I'll give it a go next time:) The colours are sooooo nice!

    Oh and thanks for visiting my blog earlier! You got it right! I am actually using the Jo Sharp yarns for my crochet project, you have really good eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails