Sunday, October 11, 2009

sweet jar covers

for a while now I've been hoarding a single tiny vegemite jar. it is such a perfect size and shape, I have been determined that one day I would crochet a little cover for it and turn it into a dear little vase...

well, the day arrived. it was in the post-grampians-cycle-trip-I-rode-into-the-wind-and-rain-for-three-days-now-I-can-sit-on-my-butt-for-the-next-three-and-crochet-guilt-free phase. and one jar became five, with perhaps some more to come.

I think they turned out rather well. I might even put together a tutorial.


also picked up around the same time were these cottons from the frankston market for my future jar-covering urges... (all this for $1.50!)

plus, some gorgeous hand-carved wood block stamps:

exciting times!

5 comments:

  1. Your jar covers look gorgeous Nycole. They'd look beautiful with a tealight in them too but you'd have to make sure the glass didn't get so hot they melted or caught alight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Melanie - and great idea - I'm sure it would work. I actually want to use them for my wedding table decorations next april - with tealights that would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your place is delightful. Thanks for dropping by and saying hi!

    Makes me want to get married all over again. What perfect table decs. . . and your invite inspiration post is tres cool!

    http://teawithlucy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these jar covers. I crocheted a couple of vases a few weeks back but couldn't work out how to make them stand up. Putting a jar in them would also mean you could use them as real vases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tracey @ thrift.nest.sewNovember 11, 2009 at 5:05 PM

    lovely photos. I have been meaning to add these to my 'to do' list with long crochet chain handles, and hang them at different heights in the dining room window as vases. Now sure if they would hold with water though... i like the natural wool you used. Those printing blocks look similar to the ones I got for my mum an dad as presents from India. thanks for bringing back a nice memory x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails