Monday, October 12, 2009

my creative space: colourful crochet...

after seeing Melanie's post this week I was reminded that I also have a couple of outstanding birthday gifts to get onto. do other people have this affliction? you want to make because it's a way of showing how much you care, but does giving a present 6 months late contradict that?

I have a dear (patient) friend in mind for this one - she is extremely talented, gentle and kind, an excellent violinist and runner, and she had a birthday earlier this year but true to form wanted no-one to pay any attention to it(!)

It's going to be a cushion cover. I am thinking a recycled jumper (sweater), but still need to crochet another 7 squares to make it 4x4.

You can find links to more crafty people over at Kirsty's

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love it. I bet it will look amazing when its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, they're really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These squares are lovely - the colours and the fine pattern. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colours, I do love a good granny square

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift idea.....your friend will be pleased even if it is late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful - she's going to love it no matter when you give it to her :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be an amazing gift when it's finished. Such great colours. Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you have chosen. Such a great gift and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous gift I love the colours and the granny pattern. It's the thought that counts anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Nycole. Yes, Meg is my sister you can check out her blog at http://landofmeg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad I found your lovely Bog, will be visiting often from now on .
    greetings,
    trudette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails