Thursday, June 17, 2010

My creative space: Yellow!

It's all about the yellow lately...
This yellow piece is for the WrappedInLove guerilla knitting project. It's my first finished piece, made from some cotton I picked up for $1 a ball at the Yarn Barn.

At a measly $2, even more of a bargain was this six cup and saucer set from the Salvo's.
Made in japan, how lucky am I?!

they're not exactly yellow, but something that has been keeping me busy is these coasters for sooz's usefulness swap. Coasters are useful, aren't they? I'm well behind and they're due next week- eek! Beginning to wonder why I signed up for a swap at the same time as I'm trying to cover a tree with knitting... :-)

next, one of the best things about living in Melbourne's north - cheese pies from the local Lebanese bakery.

and finally, I must show you my awesome new fingerless gloves, a birthday present from she who has the most fabulous taste I know, the gorgeous Bec. Any guesses what colour?


wishing you a week of yellow goodness.
more creative spaces, as always, at Kirsty's

Nycole x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nyc! It's Mel - love your work, looks great!!! The cups were a great bargain - 6 cup set, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I love my local Lebanese bakery too!
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to your message. We've been, even poor little Max, quite sick. Just at the worst and busiest time ever. Soon it'll be over as I have only one more essay to go. Then I'll be free to do some fun things. Talking about fun I've really enjoyed your WrappedInLove guerrilla knitting project and started crocheting a granny square scarfy thingy to wrap around the lovely tree. Just wanted to know if it should be a certain length or width? And, I would love to come on the 20th.

    Aisha
    p.s. ace birthday present

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovin' all the yellow, and THOSE cheese pies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails