Thursday, April 9, 2009

Guerilla crochet

I received this pic today in a forwarded email - no idea of the original source. It may actually be a commissioned installation rather than guerilla art, but immediately my mind started thinking of all the places around Melbourne that could do with some colour! The whole guerilla movement (knitting, gardening - what else?) seems to have momentum at the moment and it gets me thinking and smiling about society - how wonderful that we are not economic rationalist robots acting only to maximise our own self interest! For more guerilla knitting inspiration see the Flickr Guerilla Knitting pool.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nycole,

    I LOVE your crochet work, especially the tree above!

    I work for Embrace Arts, The University of Leicester's arts centre. We are delivering a crochet workshop and would love to use your image to promote the event. We will credit the image with your name and add a link to your blog on our website. Please do contact me: ls229@le.ac.uk to let me know if you are happy to let us use your image. Thanks, Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails