Monday, March 30, 2009

Half a scarf

I have been set a 'big fat' challenge by my housemate Bec to finish this before Easter. I started it in the week between Christmas & New Year (I know, not ideal knitting weather in Australia!) when I was on holidays and supporting my dad & his partner in the Murray Marathon canoe/kayak event - 404 km of paddling the Murray over 5 days. There were many hours of waiting by the riverbank for the boat to come past and be topped up with, well, mostly sugar actually, so it was the perfect time to work on interpreting my first lace pattern.

Pattern is from the purl bee - where I have spent many hours drooling over the past year or so. About 30cm of pattern with stocking stitch around the neck. It has given me inspiration to find other lace patterns I like and turn them into similar scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails